Half Day Reef Cruise
Aboard The High Speed Thunderbolt
Speed aboard the Thunderbolt to Fitzroy Island for a half day Cairns tour on the Great Barrier Reef, only $78. Getting there is half the fun!
Once you arrive our Beach Hire hut has snorkel gear with masks and fins, paddle skis and stand up paddle boards available for you to hire.
You’ll also find that Fitzroy Island has so much to do and explore for free, and its massive!
You can swim in the calm waters of Welcome Bay, see fish swarming underneath the jetty, walk through the rainforest or building sandcastles at Nudey Beach.
Check out the Thunderbolt to
Our high speed Thunderbolt vessel dramatically reduces the amount of time it takes you to get to the Great Barrier Reef from Cairns.
Travelling South from Cairns, we rocket through the calm waters along the coastline to Fitzroy Island. Once part of mainland Australia, Fitzroy Island is now home to a fringing coral reef with 94% of the island protected and maintained as National Park.
Fitzroy Island Half DayBook NowBuy As A Gift Voucher
Prices valid to 31st March 2018.
- Super fast 30 minute ride to Fitzroy Island aboard Thunderbolt
- Ocean trampoline
- Half day to explore the island
Departs Daily From
- Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal 10.00am
- Fitzroy Island 2.30pm returning to Cairns at approximately 3:00pm
- You can hire snorkel gear, kayaks, stand up paddle boards once you are on the island from our Beach Hire hut
- Upgrade to our hot or cold packed picnic lunch for $17 per person, with dietary choice available
Fitzroy Island Thunderbolt Booking Conditions
To keep your day as safe as possible there are a few restrictions you should be aware before making your booking :
- Thunderbolt is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant
- Children must be 120cm or taller and those under 18 must travel with a guardian or parent
- Baggage, weather, medical and seating restrictions apply
- We highly recommend having your own travel insurance
- You must check-in at the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal located at 1 Spence Street no later than 20 minutes before your departure
- The beaches on Fitzroy Island are not patrolled by surf life savers
- Marine stingers are present in tropical waters from November – May and you will be provided with a stinger suit for use while snorkelling during this period
Fitzroy Island Adventures
On The Great Barrier Reef
Located only 45 minutes from Cairns, Fitzroy Island was once part of mainland Australia and is located just off the coast.
Come and see why Fitzroy Island is the favourite Great Barrier Reef holiday destination for Cairns locals and visitors alike.