Half Day White Water Rafting
Perfect For First Time Rafters
Book Barron River Rafting direct from $145, perfect for first time rafters with tea and coffee served at the end of the trip. This morning / afternoon Cairns Tour is only 20 minutes from Cairns, with no rafting experience necessary. Perfect for anyone 13 years and older looking for a fun afternoon of adventure.
Raging Thunder has over 30 years experience in white water rafting and 100% commitment to white water rafting safety.
Our medical questionnaires are designed to keep rafting as safe as possible for people from all nationalities and walks of life, while still allowing everyone to experience the thrill of rafting.
Check out the spectacular
Barron River Rafting
Our Barron River Rafting is a grade 2-3 level with rapids plunging through the rainforests of the Barron Gorge National Park.
Prepare for plenty of thrills and excitement as we paddle through rapids, surf the rafts into the free standing waves and go over the huge drop at Rooster Tail.
Barron River Rafting Half Day
|Coach Transfers From Cairns (AM or PM) or Northern Beaches (PM Only)|
|Coach Transfers From Port Douglas (PM Only)|
Prices valid to 31st March 2019.
- Grade 2 – 3 guided White Water Barron River Rafting
- Tea and coffee included
- All tuition provided, no experience necessary
- Free time in Cairns when pick up is from Port Douglas (approx 3.5 hours)
Departs Daily From
- AM Departure : Cairns 8.00am daily until 31/3/19. (Returns approx 12.00pm)
- PM Departure : Cairns 2.00pm & Port Douglas 09.30am Daily
- Returns Cairns 6.00pm & Port Douglas 6.15pm approximately
What To Bring With You
- Secure footwear (or available for hire)
- Beach wear (board shorts and swimmers)
- Dry clothes, towel and sunscreen
- Daily medication
- Your booking confirmation and money
Barron River Rafting Booking Conditions
To keep barron river rafting as safe as possible there are a few restrictions you should be aware of before making your booking :
- By booking this tour you confirm that you do not have a medical condition that would make it unsafe to participate, and agree to be bound by our “Liability Waiver”
- We highly recommend having your own travel insurance
- If you have a medical condition or you are unsure that you are physically able to participate in the activity, we recommend that you consult with a medical practitioner
- Prior to your rafting trip you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire and sign our liability waiver (either online or on paper)
The liability waiver forms part of the contract, which can be read online here before booking
Raging Thunder Adventures
The Best In Cairns Rafting Since 1986
White Water Raft on the Barron River with the best : best customer service and the best guides. You’re in safe hands with the Raging Thunder Adventures crew, so step outside your comfort zone and push personal boundaries with a Cairns rafting experience you’ll remember forever.